Presentazione

Historical notes on the former Faculty of Sciences

In 1399 the University of Padua (1222) separated in University of Artists, devoted to the liberal arts, and in University of Jurists until reunification in 1806. The Faculty of Mathematical, Physical and Natural Sciences is the direct heir of the University Artists', together with the Faculty of Medicine and the Faculty of Humanities. The current designation of 1873 replaces the previous sequence: Faculty physico-mathematical, philosophical faculty, Faculty of philosophy and mathematics, mathematics faculty, study math. The Dean sometimes took the alternative title of mayor or director.